Chinook Arch Victim's Services

Victim's Services Units, including Chinook Arch Victim's Services Society (CAVSS), provides immediate crisis intervention, support, information and referrals to victims of crime and trauma. We are an RCMP based non-profit organization, which means most of our referrals for sevice come from the RCMP but we also get referrals from Fire Departments, Mental Health, Hospitals, Crown Prosecutor, and self-referrals.

CAVSS services are performed by a team of 12 to 15 highly trained Volunteer Advocates as well as 1 paid full time Program Manager and 2 paid part time Program Coordinators. Each paid staff member works in an office located in each of the three RCMP detachments in our service areas. These service areas include Olds, Didsbury, Sundre, Mountain View County, Bowden, Carstairs, Torrington, Cremona and Water Valley.

Our funding comes from many sources. The bulk (70%) comes from the Solicitor General of Alberta. The other 30% must come from personal and corporate donations, solicitations to other community organizations (including FCSS), matching grants, and fundraising initiatives.

Some of our projected projects for 2015 include the development of a web site; apply and adopt a VSU Service Dog; and recruit 15 new advocates.